PHYSIQ FITNESS HAS TAKEN THE
ACTIVE & SAFE COMMITMENT
Physiq Fitness is proud to announce its participation in The Active & Safe Commitment, which reaffirms the club’s unyielding dedication to safety at a time when exercise has never been more important to the health of the communities we serve.
The Active & Safe Commitment is a worldwide initiative launched by the health and fitness industry’s trade association, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA). Developed by industry experts in accordance with the foremost public health guidance on COVID-19, the Active & Safe Commitment serves three main purposes:
- To demonstrate our industry’s united commitment to safety for members, guests, staff, and communities
- To provide health club members and guests with well-founded peace of mind during club visits;
- To reassure policymakers and public health officials that health clubs should not be shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic, but rather should be relied upon as safe environments for exercise that can serve as responsible, credible, and effective partners for reducing the pandemic’s catastrophic toll on physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
By participating in the initiative, Physiq Fitness joins health clubs around the globe in publicly pledging to follow industry best practices in four operational categories:
PHYSICAL DISTANCING & MITIGATION MEASURES
- Facilitating and supporting appropriate physical distancing
- Occupancy management systems/policies
- Plans in place to reduce cross-contamination
- Mask policy in place and enforced
EMPLOYEE & MEMBER SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Comprehensive staff training
- Employee health monitoring
- Regular member communication
- Contingency planning
- Employee feedback mechanism
CLEANING, SANITIZING, & DISINFECTING
- Extensive hygiene and sanitizing protocols
- Enhanced measures to optimize ventilation and filtration
- Utilize member management software to aid contact tracing efforts
- Contract tracing oversight and protocols are established
We are making this commitment to reassure our members, local policymakers, and dedicated public health officials that we are wholly dedicated to providing a safe environment for exercise during COVID-19. We look forward to continuing our vital role as a community partner in reducing the pandemic’s catastrophic toll on physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
In Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
WHY GYMS ARE ESSENTIAL
SAFE & CLEAN STANDARDS FAQ
I’m coming in, what does this look like?
Upon entering all members will follow this process:
- Members must have signed new waiver and rules/policy document sent via email
- Enter through entrance only doors and adhere to the oneway flow of traffic
- You will be asked if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Scan phone barcode or keychain barcode
- If members have not filled out the waiver, they will be required to on their own device prior to resuming access.
- Sanitize hands
- Grab a personal sanitation spray bottle. Once we run out of bottles we will have reached our capacity and you will be asked to wait until someone leaves.
- Keep a minimum of 6 feet distance between staff and members
- Have a great workout
What are your social distancing guidelines while in the club?
We are asking all members to maintain a 6-foot distance between themselves and others in the club. Physiq has implemented procedures to help ensure these distancing guidelines are respected including visual reminders, area closures and staff to monitor and enforce these rules.
What else is Physiq doing to keep the gyms clean?
Physiq is requesting that all members disinfect equipment after use and is providing extra sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer. We will have Physiq staff cleaning all open areas of the gym throughout every day and doing a deep clean every night after closing.
Can I use a guest pass to visit the gym?
Guest passes are not allowed at this time.
Can I put a temporary freeze on my account?
We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic has created unforeseen circumstances for many people, so we want to make sure that you know you can re-freeze your account for up to three months by emailing [email protected] This is a great option if you need a little extra time to make it back to the gym.
Can I cancel my account and reinstate later?
We do recommend freezing your membership, as it will allow you to maintain your current low membership rate. All cancellations will still follow the standard cancellation policy of 30-day notice.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- At this time exact guidance as not been given our capacity limits. We ate still waiting to hear and depends on what the governor, OHA and county allow.
- For this reason members are asked to keep workouts under 60min
- Additionally we will be limiting our capacity to ensure we can safely provide enough physical distancing for all members. If we reach capacity, members will be on a first come first server basis. With this said, we do not anticipate needing to turn anyone away.
CHECK-IN PROCESS | REGISTER (POS SYSTEM)
- Members will use a touch-less scan in process to scan their barcode on the scanner which will be placed on the counter. Staff will not touch or handle any member belongings.
- Members must fill out the new waiver prior to checking in for their first time. Please do so at the bottom of this page prior to checking in.
- Cash will not be accepted for any purchases. A credit/debit card may be used with our chip reader system or placed on the member account to use on file.
- One entrance and exit will be implemented at each location to ensure maximum distancing.
- During this time will are not able to offer to fill up members bottles with ice or water.
- Tanning and HyrdoMassage : Will be open as normal.
- Recovery rooms: Will be open, each piece will be spaced 6′ apart and will be sanitized after each use as normal. Members must check in for use of this room and will be first come first serve .
- Personal Training: Will be available by appointment only.
- ON-Q and QFIT Classes: Classes will resume under capacity limits and physical distancing guidelines within one week of opening. Classes will still offered virtually.
- Lockers Rooms: Bathrooms will be open but changing rooms, lockers and showers will be closed.
Be dressed and bring as little personal belongings as possible. Gym bags larger than a track sack, string bag or purse will not be allowed in the building.
- Kid’s Club: Kids club is to remain closed during phase one. You will NOT be charged for kids club while we are closed.
- Guest Privileges: Premium and Qfit guest privileges will not be allowed during the first two phases of the reopening.
- Quench smoothie bar: Will resume operations within 14 days of starting phase one.
***Closed amenities will remain closed during Phase 1 and we be re-evaluated for each Phase.
A minimum of 6ft distance must be maintained between members at all time.
Equipment placed closer than 6ft from other pieces will be shut down to promote proper physical distancing.
Mats and foam rollers will not be available during this time and members are encouraged to bring their own.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Team members in each club will be re-focused from normal duties and dedicated to zone cleanings in all areas of the gym, including high touch areas, door handles, etc…
- Daily cleaning protocols updated with extensive checklists for medical-grade cleaning materials
- All staff members will be wearing face masks during reopening.
- Drinking fountains will be closed during phase one. We ask that you bring your own water bottle or purchase one from the Quench cooler. We will, however, keep the bottle fillers open at the fountains.
Satiation cleaning protocol is as follows:
- Members are required to sanitize hands prior to checking in
- Members are required to sanitize all equipment before and and after use.
- Members are encouraged to wash hands frequently while in the gym and avoid touching their faces. The Oregon Health Authority recommends members wear mask during their time in the gym.
- Physical distancing will be required while in Physiq. We will be shutting down certain pieces of equipment that are placed closer than 6 ft apart. Members not adhering to physical distancing will be asked to comply with this standard.
- We ask that members not of the same household do not workout together, share equipment or “work in” in between sets. Any members working out together are still required to maintain 6ft physical distancing and required to wipe down the equipment in-between each set if sharing.
- Members should not use more than one piece of equipment at a time to ensure no one else uses something you have touched and not sanitized.
- Members who are sick with any symptoms will not be allowed in the gym
- Additional sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizers and cleaners have been added throughout the facility
All guidelines will be evaluated weekly and will continue to follow guidelines of the State legislature as well as Linn and Marion County Public Health Guidelines. Please be sure to stay updated with us via our website, all social media platforms for all locations, and in the club for continued updates during our re-open and beyond.