Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Physiq.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the best environment possible during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Physiq operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
From front desk customer service and child care to fitness instructors, personal trainers, and maintenance crew, Physiq Fitness offers a variety of part-time opportunities for individuals looking to join a high-energy TEAM environment. Our team members share a passion for fitness and dedication to exceeding member expectations. Physiq has the best employees in the fitness industry. We are looking for a staff of energetic, passionate and dedicated people. Physiq Fitness is a fast-paced environment that is dedicated to providing the best fitness experience with exceptional customer service, the cleanest facilities and most engaging equipment around. With so many options, you are sure to find a position that fits your area of passion! Join our professionals who are dedicated to helping members change their lives!
Physiq Fitness is excited to welcome you to the family! Here are some of the immediate benefits you will receive:
- Free premium membership*
- Free premium membership for your spouse*
- 50% off cooler drinks*
- Discounted Quench smoothies
- 1 free personal training session per month*
- 2 free S.W.E.A.T. classes per month*
- 2 uniform tops
- Discounts on Physiq Swag
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying excessive tattoos or piercings in excess of two per ear.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships and learn names
Physiq Fitness is seeking individuals who can keep our facility sparkling clean and functioning properly. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds as well as have proficiency in deep cleaning and using small tools. This is an after-hours shift. Candidates but be able to work alone, be punctual and time efficient.
As a member of the Personal Training team, you will join a group of elite fitness professionals who are dedicated to helping our members achieve their fitness goals. Physiq trainers work with a wide demographic of clients ranging from those looking to lose weight, athletes seeking to grow their competitive edge and even the elderly hoping to live a more fit and active life. At Physiq Fitness, our Personal Trainers have access to cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art equipment, and comprehensive continuing education programs and the exclusive Physiq Performance certification. Our unique career and pay succession program will allow you to pursue many opportunities within the Personal Training department.
Personal Trainer Description:
As a member of the Personal Training Team, you will be responsible for providing personal training services that offer programs for our members to maximize workout efficiency, improve fitness, increase stamina, and improve overall sense of well-being. Fitness professionals are also required to seek after and sell their potential clientele.
- One year of personal training and program design experience
- Minimum of one of the following certifications: ACE, ACSM, NASM, NATA, NSCA, NPTI
- Have substantial fitness knowledge to be able to ensure client progress and safety
- General knowledge of nutrition related to weight loss and sports performance
- Knowledge of periodization, proper biomechanics/exercise techniques & pre-habilitation
- PT, CPR/ First Aid, and AED certified
- Maintain detailed client records as requested by supervisor
- Assertive, enthusiastic and punctual
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School diploma/GED
- Flexible schedule
- Four-year degree in Exercise Science, kinesiology, sports medicine or related field is preferred
- Most importantly, we are looking for people who bring passion, enthusiasm, and excitement
- The desire to be in the business of changing lives one person at a time!
We are looking for enthusiastic, professional, motivated, experienced individuals who enjoy teaching group fitness.
Fitness Instructor Description
As a Physiq On-Q Instructor, you will join an elite team of fitness professionals who are responsible for creating and delivering cutting-edge fitness programs. Physiq Is looking for experienced, enthusiastic, innovative and fun group instructors. Learn what it means to be a 5-Star Instructor who connects with, inspires, and motivates participants at every stage in their fitness journey! All of our Physiq instructors receive the exclusive Physiq Performance Certification.
As a member of the Physiq Team, you are equal parts entertainer and educator while providing the ultimate group fitness experience in every class. Plan your class before you arrive, so that the first thing you do when you come into the On-Q studio is turn up the music on the DJ Quality sound system and get ready to rock! You must be early to each class as to meet and greet all of your class participants as well as set up the equipment you need, test your microphone, and “work the room” as the members come take their spots. Learn the names of new faces and greet “regulars” as you assess the group and make all feel welcome. After class, you will be asked to straighten the equipment to ensure the studio looks “open-house” ready.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of group fitness class instruction or dance related experience.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required.
- Minimum of one Primary Group Fitness Certification: ACE (preferred), AFAA, ACSM, NETA, AEA, IFTA